Kato’s Island model davits were originally designed to mount to
stern rails and while that works on some power boats where they have
rails, most don’t, and for those we have quite successfully adapted
our upper mounting blocks to attach to either the transom or the deck.
To see these look at our power boat davit photos at the Alden 46
(deck attachment) and the Monk 36 (transom attachment).
The bases (lower attachments) are typically attached to the transom.
- Safe load 300lbs. (136kg) each davit arm.
- Davit weight: 35 lbs. (16kg), per pair with 4:1 tackle
- Adjusts for stern rails 23" (584mm) to 32" (812mm) high.
- Shortened versions also available.
- 1-1/4" (32mm) heavy wall S/S main tube and 1" (25mm) heavy wall S/S
- 4:1 (or optional 6:1) purchases, with Harken® blocks and 3/8" (10mm) braided
- Swiveling universal base allows for deck camber or mounting angle up to 10°.
- Transom mounted or extended deck bases are also available.