- Safe load 300lbs. (136kg) each davit arm.
- Davit weight: 35 lbs. (16kg), per pair with 4:1 tackle
- Adjusts for stern rails 23" (584mm) to 32" (812mm) high.
- Shortened and taller versions also available.
- 1-1/4" (32mm) heavy wall S/S main tube and 1" (25mm) heavy wall S/S
- 4:1 (or optional 6:1) purchases, with Harken® blocks and 3/8" (10mm) braided
- Swiveling universal base allows for deck camber or mounting angle up to 10°.
- Transom mounted or extended deck bases are also available.
For lighter davits see Bay II model.
Our davits have withstood the test of time. We have been
building the Island model davits since early 1990. During
that period we have had several new competitors join us in the market, some of
which have mimicked various designs of ours, but most have not managed to match
the quality and finish of our davits and some have neglected the finer
engineering details that make the difference.
Click on photos below to enlarge
Kato Marine invites comparisons. We really shine when people
look from other davits to ours. Consider these items:
- How are other davits finished? Meticulous T-316 TIG welds,
softened corners, and flowing curves are all hand buffed to a dazzling polish.
- Look at the height and span of our davits. Our Island model measures 42"; (1067mm) high, and has a 42" (1067mm) span
from the rail. The davits are made from 1-1/4"
(32mm) and 1" (25mm) tubes with an exceptionally heavy .083"
(2.1mm) wall thickness. They are made from T-316 stainless steel for extra
- Can other davits carry the load that ours do? At 300lbs(136kg)
per arm, the Island model stands out head and shoulders
above the others.
- What kind of hoisting tackle is being supplied? To minimize
friction, we use only Harken« roller bearing blocks and top quality
3/8" Dacron line.
- This is very important - Do the other davits attach to the
rail? If so, have they addressed the strength of the rail? We offer a number of
attractive methods of reinforcing the stern rail when it is required, and we
spend the time necessary to ensure you have the right system.
- And lastly, but by no means least, our staff are all
extremely knowledgeable. Because each
boat is different, we will spend the time to help you understand and make the
right choices for your vessels installation.